A large part of our business revolves around non-ferrous metal processing. We complete projects of all sizes, ranging from small gunite repairs to completely fabricating and lining new units.
Throughout our history in the metal processing industry, we have gained considerable experience working on furnaces and systems from a plethora of manufacturers from the United States, Asia, and Europe.
This advanced exposure means we’ve encountered countless problems and solutions and possess the necessary skills to determine the best steps for your project. Our ability to cross-reference this experience for the benefit of our work has proven invaluable to customers.
CLIENTS THAT ARE COMMITTED TO THE LONG-TERM MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION OF THEIR FERROUS PROCESSING EQUIPMENT BENEFIT FROM THIS EXPERTISE BY RECEIVING LOWER MAINTENANCE AND OPERATING COSTS.
Projects range from small off-site repairs of spare items like refractory brick to building a brand-new furnace from scratch.
No matter the size of the project, Schad has a distinct process in order to determine the most appropriate material types for their specific process.
We provide non-ferrous metal processing services for small companies, as well as some of the largest businesses in the industry—including many large automotive manufacturers.
Schad prides itself on working around our customers’ schedules to ensure minimal downtime. This can mean around-the-clock shifts, off-site fabrication, and quick maintenance.
After decades of operation, Schad knows that our projects cannot get in the way of production demands. Through effective communication and a team of skilled workers, we are able to complete projects on your timeline.
OUR METAL PROCESSING PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Reverberatory Furnaces
- It was 4 a.m. on a Saturday when a long time customer called with an emergency. They had scheduled downtime to repair their reverb furnace later that year. But the furnace wasn’t going to make it. Repairing the aluminum reverb furnace required replacing sills, jambs, lintels, burner and tap out blocks, maintenance to the lower walls and belly band, and more. Keep reading about this project here.
- Metal Melting Furnaces
- In August 2016, Schad performed a complete reline on a 100,000 lb. aluminum re-melting furnace located in the Great Lakes region. We were asked to reline the furnace and exterior walls. The project scope included demolition, steel repairs, and refractory work. Learn more about this project here.
- Die-Cast Holding Furnaces
- In February 2016, Schad completed a full reline associated with an electric aluminum holding furnace used for die-casting at a Southern United States aluminum foundry. We were able to provide a cost-effective solution that accommodated the customer’s demanding workload. Learn more about this project here.
- Holding Furnaces
- Stack Melting Furnaces
- Induction Melting Furnaces
- Electric Holding Furnaces
- Heat Treating
- Circulating Pumps
- “Over The Road” Crucibles
- Transport Lids
- Preheater Lids
Our refractory experts will provide you with a prompt quote and impeccable results.