MEET KEVIN MACKOWSKI
Kevin came into the refractory/steel industry less than two years ago, with no idea of what he was getting himself into and without any prior experience. Since then he has learned and surpassed the expectations set for him. He now has taken on a foreman’s responsibility and has excelled in getting the most out of the crews that he is working with. He has become an asset in our everyday operations. Kevin understands that when we are called to the job it is not only to complete the task at hand, but he has also embraced exceeding customers’ expectations. His work ethic is contagious, and his practices rub off on others around him, making our labor force second to none.
1. How long have you worked with Schad?
I have worked for Schad for about a year and a half.
2. What do you like most about working at Schad?
The people I work with on a daily basis.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
I am constantly learning new skills from the different tradesmen and jobs.
4. How has Schad helped your career development, and what are your future career goals?
Schad has helped me learn to communicate with different people. My career goals are to learn as much as I can and utilize my skills to grow with the company.
5. How would you describe the Schad culture?
Schad’s culture is team-oriented. Everyone works hard and together to get the job done.
6. What is your fondest memory of working at Schad?
Working on the lance crane rails with Brad Shoff.
7. What advice do you have for future Schad candidates?
Show up on time and work hard until the whistle blows.
8. What do you like to do outside of work?
I enjoy camping with my friends and family.
9. What is something unique about you?
I am a good communicator which makes it easier to understand other perspectives.
10. If you could go to one concert, past or present, which would it be?
Aaron Lewis or Whiskey Myers.
11. If given the chance, who would you like to be for a day?
I would not want to be anyone else, I have a great life and am very fortunate.