MEET ZELIUS MORROW
Zelius is Schad’s October employee of the month because of his dependability and willingness to do whatever the company or project needs. He is willing to travel, work days or nights, he works safely, follows instructions from the crew leaders, and takes pride in making a solid contribution to the team on every job he is a part of. Zelius fits in well with and promotes the company’s core values of safety, hard work, and team work.
1. How long have you worked with Schad?
I have been with Schad for 2 ½ years.
2. What do you like most about working at Schad?
There are many things I like about working at Schad. I like that I have opportunities to work overtime. I also like that there are opportunities for growth within the company. I have also developed a bond with my co-workers over the years, which makes the workday better.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part of the job is seeing a project from start to finish.
4. How has Schad helped your career development, and what are your future career goals?
Schad has helped me grow professionally by working with a wide variety of different people, backgrounds and adjusting to uncomfortable work areas. I have learned different skill sets and how you can use ingenuity on every job. My career goal is to continue to grow in my trade.
5. How would you describe the Schad culture?
The Schad culture is like a big family. Not everyone has the same outlook or same way of doing things, however, we all are there to get the job done, together.
6. What is your fondest memory of working at Schad?
My fondest memory is completing the vessel reline project at US Steel this past summer. One of the hottest weeks of the summer every Schad employee gave 110 percent throughout the duration of this project.
7. What advice do you have for future Schad candidates?
Be on time to every job. Ask questions if you don’t know. Try to learn something new on every project we complete.
8. What do you like to do outside of work?
I enjoy working out, training my dogs and spending time with my family.
9. What is something unique about you?
I am not afraid to fail and I feel I have a relentless drive to achieve goals.
10. If you could go to one concert, past or present, which would it be?
If I could go to any concert in the past it would have been a Michael Jackson concert.
11. If given the chance, who would you like to be for a day?
If I had the chance to be anyone for the day it would be Michael Jordan.