Erin has been at Schad for nearly a decade. During that time, he has developed his skills including form building, refractory installation, welding, and most recently, managing. Last October, Erin was made co-manager of Schad’s pre-cast/fabrication facility in Detroit, Michigan. Last October, Erin was made co-manager of Schad’s pre-cast/fabrication facility in Detroit, Michigan.
Erin’s character traits including dependability, a strong work ethic, and caring about the company and his co-workers has made him a valuable part of the Schad team.
In addition to his duties at Schad, Erin is a sports fan, dog lover, and is always working to improve his home and is enthusiastic about becoming a new dad!
1. How long have you worked with Schad?
I am going on 8 years at Schad.
2. How did you get started in the refractory industry?
A friend helped me get a job in the fabrication shop and I have been there ever since.
3. What is the biggest or most challenging project you have managed?
All projects have challenges, but one of the most challenging was forming and casting 30 roof shape blocks for a large aluminum furnace.
4. What is your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part of the job is training new people and the diversity of the work.
5. What are you currently working on?
I am currently working on an aluminum holding furnace. We have to do steel work and cast per the drawings.
6. What are your biggest professional challenges?
My biggest challenge would have to be making sure the guys are doing their job correctly and staying safe!
7. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Work smarter not harder.
8. When you’re not at Schad what are you most likely doing?
When I’m not at Schad I like to golf, watch movies and walk my dog.
9. What in the next year are you most looking forward to?
In the next year I am looking forward to being better at my job and starting a family.