MEET STUART MCMANUS
Since first joining the Schad team in early 2018, it is very apparent that Stuart’s passion for the industry, as well as his competitive nature and determination to succeed are his greatest strengths. Stuart brings a very strong work ethic and a lot of energy to work with him every day. For this reason, his co-workers and his customers look forward to seeing him out on his jobsites.
At the jobsites, Stuart is innovative and is constantly seeking ways to make the tasks safer and more efficient. He pushes the people around him to be better and leads through example.
Outside of work, Stuart is fun to be around and exhibits tremendous dedication to his family and friends. He brings his ambition, detail-oriented nature, and determination to succeed in his parenting, his cooking, and his never ending home improvement projects!
Schad is grateful to have him as a member of its team.
1. How long have you worked with Schad?
I have been with Schad for1 year and 2 months.
2. How did you get started in the refractory industry?
I’ve always loved hard work and working with my hands, so in high school I signed up for a bricklaying class. After I finished my apprenticeship, I was offered a full-time job installing refractory.
3. What is the biggest or most challenging project you have managed?
Probably the most challenging project was a large 100-ton aluminum furnace rebuild. I worked with multiple contractors to successfully modify and reline the furnace on a tight schedule.
4. What is your favorite part about your job?
The ability to work independently (trust from Schad) and the people I work with.
5. What is your fondest memory of working at Schad?
My first safety training in Detroit. It was nice that my wife was able to come and meet everyone at dinner. We had a really good time, everyone was so welcoming.
6. What are you currently working on?
I have currently partnered with two other project managers on a large project.
7. What are your biggest professional challenges?
Trying to balance family and work.
8. What is your motto or personal mantra?
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
9. When you’re not at Schad what are you most likely doing?
Spending time with my family.
10. What in the next year are you most looking forward to?
Going on a family vacation.