MEET DELRAY WASHINGTON
Delray is March’s employee of the month because he is a “company” guy who understands what it takes to get the job done on-time and with minimal disruption to our customer. He is dependable, focused, and understands the big picture of what we are trying to accomplish here at Schad. His co-workers sincerely enjoy being around him everyday and his positive attitude helps motivate everyone to keep the warehouse trending in the right direction. Delray is a model for the type of employee that we strive to have here at Schad. He is a hard worker who is not afraid to do what it takes to make sure we are able to handle the growth of our company, even when it means staying late, getting up early, or making last minute runs on the weekends. In the refractory industry, last minute jobs are going to pop up – it’s good to know people like Delray are there to help us answer those calls.
1. How long have you worked with Schad?
I have worked for Schad for 9 years.
2. What do you like most about working at Schad?
I like working at Schad because it is like working for an emergency response team. You never know what might happen.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part about my job is coming up with new ideas and helping the company grow.
4. How has Schad helped your career development, and what are your future career goals?
Schad has helped my career development by pushing me to new limits. My future career goals are training others to develop new skills.
5. How would you describe the Schad culture?
Schad’s culture is safety oriented.
6. What is your fondest memory of working at Schad?
My fondest memory of working at Schad are the wide loads.
7. What advice do you have for future Schad candidates?
My advice would be to be on time and be prepared for anything.
8. What do you like to do outside of work?
I like to be with my family and enjoy life outside of work.
9. What is something unique about you?
Something unique about me is that you can never ask me too many questions… I will not lose my patience!
10. If you could go to one concert, past or present, which would it be?
I would like to go to a Jill Scott concert one day. “I live my life like it’s golden.”
11. If given the chance, who would you like to be for a day?
I would only and always want to be myself.
Do you have skills that you want to bring to the Schad team? View our career opportunities, and apply today.
Know a Schad employee who you think should be nominated for an upcoming employee of the month? Send us an email with your nomination and a mention few ways this individual helps make Schad great.