Refractory Sales Engineer and Project Manager Job Description
The Sales Engineer and Project Manager position at Schad is a highly demanding and challenging position. All interested individuals should anticipate long hours and extensive travel. The position is performance driven and successful applicants will have the ability to carve out their own niche within the confines of management’s expectations.
Schad takes a “cradle-to-grave” approach with regard to sales/project management. This position is responsible for identifying and developing client relationships and seeing projects through to completion. The individual should be highly self motivated and competitive by nature, as well as, have the ability to perform in an environment with limited managerial oversight. An entrepreneurial mentality is highly beneficial. This position reports directly to the company president.
- Sales and business development
- Safety planning and oversight
- Project estimating
- Material and manpower procurement
- Schedule development/tracking
- Directing on-site superintendent/foreman
- Customer satisfaction
- Others as required
- 5+ years of refractory or heavy industrial sales and/or project management experience
- Bachelors degree in an applicable field is desirable but not a requirement
- Ability to read/interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Willingness to travel
- Strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency – Drive to see things through to completion
- Solution oriented
- Ability to operate independently – entrepreneurial nature
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to be assertive when necessary
- Remains focused and positive when faced with adversity
- Willingness/enthusiasm to learn through formal training as well as self teaching
- Driven by individual, performance (company and individual), and compensation structure.
- Vacation and personal days
- Transportation reimbursement or company vehicle
How To Apply for the Refractory Sales Engineer and Project Manager Opening:
Candidates can submit their resume below or fill out our application.