Gary Schimpf is Schad’s employee of the month because of his positive attitude and commitment to getting the job done safely and right. He is always going out of his way to making sure we havethe right manpower and tools on site to do the job.
Gary is constantly asking ‘What do we need to do for this job to get it done on or ahead of schedule and how do we make the next job better.’ He is working hard to help the Youngstown office grow and is providing a familiar face to the customers as someone they can approach for answers.
MEET GARY SCHIMPF
1. How long have you worked with Schad?
I have worked for Schad for about 1 year.
2. What do you like most about working at Schad?
It is nice to work for a company that cares about their customers and employees.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
Always meeting new people.
4. How has Schad helped your career development, and what are your future career goals?
Schad has provided me training that has helped improve my skills. For example, the HarbisonWalker C/I training really taught me a lot. My future goals are to watch Schad grow and to grow with them.
5. How would you describe the Schad culture?
Schad is team oriented and everyone has their purpose and position.
6.What is your fondest memory of working at Schad?
My fondest memories are when I get to work side by side with guys I know or just met and knowing we are always looking out for each other and that they have my back.
7. What advice do you have for future Schad candidates?
Keep an open mind, don’t fear change, embrace it.
8. What do you like to do outside of work?
I like to spend quality time with my wife and son.
9. What is something unique about you?
I collect sports cards.
10. If you could go to one concert, past or present, which would it be?
11. If given the chance, who would you like to be for a day?
Know a Schad employee who you think should be nominated for an upcoming employee of the month? Send us an email with your nomination and a mention few ways this individual helps make Schad great.